CBD, or cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring compound found in the cannabis plant. Unlike THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is also found in cannabis, CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it doesn't produce the "high" commonly associated with marijuana.
In recent years, CBD has surged in popularity due to its potential benefits.. As more studies emerge , and as societal understanding grows, the stigma around cannabis-derived products is diminishing.
Consequently, CBD has been embraced by many as a holistic wellness supplement. Its versatility in application, from oils and tinctures to edibles and topicals, has further contributed to its widespread adoption in the wellness community.
Many users tout its natural and potentially side-effect-free profile , solidifying its reputation.With the CBD world buzzing, and a sea of brands to choose from, it’s important to know which ones are worth your time and money. That’s what we’ll cover here.
Let’s dive in!
In the rapidly growing market of CBD products, finding a genuine and high-quality brand can be a daunting task. To ensure you're making the right choice, here are key factors you should consider:
- Third-Party Tests: Reputable CBD brands will have their products tested by independent third-party laboratories. These tests help confirm the purity, potency, and safety of the CBD. Always look for the lab results, commonly referred to as Certificates of Analysis (COA), and ensure they are recent. This guarantees you're getting what's advertised.
- Hemp Source: Understanding where the hemp is sourced provides insights into its quality. Prefer brands that source their hemp from regulated farms, ensuring it's grown organically and without harmful pesticides. Additionally, one of the most significant quality issues is that brands harvest hemp seeds, as opposed to the plant itself, which contain little to no CBD. The primary sources of CBD are the flowers and leaves of the hemp plant.
- THC Content: CBD products are only legal if they contain 0.3% THC (the psychoactive compound) or less. Ensure that the brand's products adhere to this legal limit as confirmed by their COA.
- Certifications and Manufacturing: Brands that adhere to high manufacturing standards and have valid certifications are often more trustworthy. Look for brands that follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and have ISO certifications.
- Customer Reviews: Go beyond the product page. Check out reviews on independent platforms and forums. They offer unfiltered insights and can reveal the efficacy of the product and the brand's customer service quality.
- Quality of Ingredients: The efficacy of CBD is often enhanced when combined with other quality ingredients. Brands that prioritize natural and organic additives are usually of higher quality.
- Product Claims: Brands should always be transparent and support their product claims with concrete data, studies, or testimonials. Be wary of brands that make too-good-to-be-true claims.
- Solubility: The solubility of the CBD product determines how it can be used. Water-soluble CBD is usually more versatile and can be better absorbed by the body, while oil-soluble CBD has far lower bioavailability for the human body.
Remember, a genuine brand will prioritize transparency, quality, and customer well-being over mere profits. Always do your research and consult with a healthcare professional before starting a CBD regimen.
Based on the criteria above, we consider the following brands to be stand-outs for high-quality, effective CBD wellness products in 2024.
NextEvo Naturals is a company driven by the belief that CBD has the potential to significantly enhance lives. They have anchored their endeavors in the healthcare and research & development sectors to thoroughly evaluate various CBD products available in the market and critically study related research.
NextEvo Naturals has introduced SmartSorb™ technology to optimize CBD's bioavailability. Given that CBD is oil-soluble, which poses challenges to its absorption by the human body, this innovation is significant.
In contrast to numerous other CBD products that may go through the system with minimal absorption, SmartSorb™ technology ensures that the body assimilates a larger quantity of the beneficial properties of CBD.
Their commitment to scientific rigor is reinforced by experiences from globally recognized firms.. This has imbued NextEvo with high standards and a drive to continually refine standards for CBD and supplements.
Their products' credibility is fortified by the GMP-certification and FDA inspections their manufacturing sites undergo. Their mission revolves around creating products they can wholly vouch for.
And their products? NextEvo Naturals is leading the charge with gummies packed with 102% of the stated CBD, substantiated by thorough third-party testing.
Take a look at NextEvo’s product offerings here.
Caliper CBD is built upon the conviction that CBD, when consumed appropriately, has manifold benefits. Yet, they are acutely aware of the misinformation and baseless claims rampant in the industry.
Caliper commits to counteracting this by presenting only validated and authentic information to its users. Their ultimate aim? To provide the most reliable, fast-acting, and bioavailable CBD products backed by scientific evidence. In this endeavor, they pledge to be a trustworthy partner for those seeking relief through CBD.
Caliper's credibility is further bolstered by their collaboration with reputed universities to rigorously test their products. Their most recent study, undertaken with Colorado State University, revealed that Caliper CBD begins its action within a swift 10 minutes.
Furthermore, it boasts a staggering 30 times more absorption in the initial 30 minutes post-consumption, compared to traditional CBD oil. Such clinically validated results underline their promise of delivering only the best.
The study involved a diverse group of participants spanning ages 21 to 62, who were administered Caliper CBD in various available formats. Compared to common CBD consumption methods, all Caliper formats exhibited vastly superior absorption rates.
The rigorous methodology of this study, which was double-blind and utilized a crossover design, ensured its findings were both comprehensive and reliable. Such clinical validations are rare in the CBD industry, many of which rely on animal-based studies or inferences drawn from non-cannabinoid substances.
Choosing Caliper CBD means opting for a product backed by solid scientific research, ensuring users receive the benefits of CBD quickly and consistently. Caliper stands as a beacon of trust, authenticity, and excellence in the ever-evolving CBD landscape.
Check out Caliper’s offerings here.
In the rapidly expanding world of CBD products, discernment is key. As with any industry, the CBD market sees a spectrum of brands, some of which might not live up to their claims.
It's essential for consumers to be vigilant, as not every brand adheres to the same quality and transparency standards. While some brands might undergo rigorous testing and provide evidence-backed benefits, others could be more interested in capitalizing on the trend without offering genuine value.
It's not just about getting the best bang for your buck; it's about ensuring safety and efficacy. Here we aim to highlight those brands that may warrant extra caution based on their tested potency.
On the products that fell short in the test linked above, variances in potency claims varied from 8% less than advertised to 60% less, illustrating a major problem in consistency across the category that indicates consumers are being misled by major manufacturers. Below we’ll highlight a few of those.
By being informed, consumers can make choices that align with their health and well-being goals.
You might've seen cbdMD in tons of stores or online, but be warned, their gummies only feature 82% of the promised CBD.
Social CBD sounds like a great product, but their gummies fall short with only 60% of the listed CBD.
Lastly, CV Sciences – their gummies come in at 92% of the claimed CBD.
CBD may be all the rage for good reasons. But always remember, research before you leap and discuss a CBD regimen with your doctor before beginning one. And if you want to ensure you're getting top-tier CBD? Keep NextEvo Naturals and Caliper on your radar!
What's the buzz about CBD benefits?
CBD, or Cannabidiol, is a renowned compound derived from both the cannabis and hemp plants. Unlike THC, it doesn't have psychoactive properties, so it won't get you "high."
Instead, CBD has gained immense popularity due to its potential benefits, such as promoting better sleep. Many users have reported positive effects, making it a focal point of interest in holistic health circles.
How do I use CBD?
CBD can be integrated into your routine in various forms, catering to your personal preference. Whether you're keen on capsules, topical creams, gummies, or dissolvable powder, there's a CBD product tailored for you.
It's essential to remember that while CBD shares the same origin as THC, it doesn't induce the “high” feeling commonly associated with cannabis.
What are CBD extract types?
CBD isn't just a one-size-fits-all; it comes in multiple extract types tailored for specific uses. You might encounter terms like Full Spectrum CBD, which contains all of the plant's compounds; Broad Spectrum CBD, which is similar but THC-free; and Pure CBD or CBD isolate, which is 99% pure CBD without other cannabinoids.
Each type offers distinct advantages and disadvantages, allowing users to choose based on their needs and desired effects.
- Schilling JM, Hughes CG, Wallace MS, Sexton M, Backonja M, Moeller-Bertram T. Cannabidiol as a Treatment for Chronic Pain: A Survey of Patients' Perspectives and Attitudes. J Pain Res. 2021 May 5;14:1241-1250. doi: 10.2147/JPR.S278718. PMID: 33981161; PMCID: PMC8107012.
- Shannon S, Lewis N, Lee H, Hughes S. Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. Perm J. 2019;23:18-041. doi: 10.7812/TPP/18-041. PMID: 30624194; PMCID: PMC6326553.
- Atalay S, Jarocka-Karpowicz I, Skrzydlewska E. Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol. Antioxidants (Basel). 2019 Dec 25;9(1):21. doi: 10.3390/antiox9010021. PMID: 31881765; PMCID: PMC7023045.